Babble - A Chat Plugin

Hey team, I’ve just released the PM branch for beta testing. This is a pretty significant update (it’ll be a major version bump once it goes into master), so I’d love some folks to try it out if you’re willing. What’s new:

• Direct messaging: You can now have a one-to-one babble chat with anyone you could send a private message to.

• More intuitive and customizable chat handle: The babble widget is now much more customizable through css, and indicates when you have unread content and mentions

• Better unread indication: Always know when you have stuff to read, and where. Channels are marked with whether they are read or not, and indicate if there are direct messages or @mentions
    56%20AM

• Who’s online integration: If you have this plugin installed alongside the Who’s online plugin, it will highlight who is online in the direct messages section, as well as avatars within the chat itself.
    23%20AM

It’s currently live on https://discourse-babble.com, or you can install it yourself by referencing the pms branch of the Babble repo:

# app.yml
- git clone -b pms git@github.com:gdpelican/babble.git

Eager to hear your feedback; let me know how you get on.

13 Likes