Badge Capitalisation (And Punctuation) Inconsistencies

Being an insomniac, I noticed the following inconsistencies on the Badges page;

Capitalisation

• [Development] Great contributor’s name isn’t capitalised in the usual way.
  • [Development] Amazing contributor’s name isn’t capitalised in the usual way.
  • [Development] Amazing committer’s name isn’t capitalised in the usual way.
  • [Development] Contributor’s description begins with a lower case letter.
  • [Development] Great contributor’s description begins with a lower case letter.
  • [Development] Amazing contributor’s description begins with a lower case letter.
  • [Development] Amazing committer’s description begins with a lower case letter.

Punctuation

• [Community] Scribe’s description has a full stop at the end.
  • [Development] Plugin Author’s description has a full stop at the end.
  • [Development] Theme Author’s description has a full stop at the end.

Spelling

• [Development] Great contributor’s description contains a typo: “contributed 25 accepted pull request” (“request” should be plural).
  • [Development] Amazing contributor’s description contains a typo: “contributed 250 accepted pull request” (“request” should be plural).
5 Likes

Nothing wrong with nitpicking.

I did move this over to #ux though, definitely stretching the definition of #bug a bit too far.

3 Likes

Fair ‘nuff. :smiley:

In the past I’ve encountered teams who treated text-related issues as “text bugs”, just for the sake of having everything needing changed all in one place. Still learning how you folks do things.

3 Likes

It’s all good! No harm in a quick category change.

If you’re feeling up to it, feel free to submit a PR with the necessary changes for review. Discourse is open source after all. If not, I imagine a member of the team, or another contributor will handle it at some point.

3 Likes

I think these are all our custom ones? I’ll have a look today. :+1:

Update: And they’ve been amended. :partying_face: Thanks for the report. :slightly_smiling_face:

(Barring a few anomalies that I will continue to work-through… :slight_smile:)

6 Likes

Hi, me again.

There are two badges with the same name and description. Paradoxically, they have been earned by a different number of users. It’s kinda weird! :sweat_smile:

Also, the bottom two have names that aren’t properly capitalised, descriptions which don’t begin with capital letters, and either they or the other Amazing Contributor are in the wrong section.

2 Likes

Yup. :+1: I believe it’s the way they’re generated. I’m looking into it. :slightly_smiling_face:

I had to get a little help on this one, but it should all be smoothed out now with this:

1 Like