Description for silver share badge is incorrect and uneditable

badge

The description for one of the default badges, the silver share badge, is incorrect–it says that users who earn it have shared a post with 1000 unique visitors. The query below it specifies 300. Because this is a default badge, I can’t edit the description.

Similarly, the bronze share badge says the requirement is 300, and the query says 25.

(Jeff Atwood) #2

Is this a legit bug @sam?

To expand a bit, this seems like two issues, one of which looks like a typo and the other which may be working as intended.

1. The badges are mislabeled–I noticed this a few months ago after we did the initial install and setup, and since we were disabling the badge system at that time, I forgot about it until today, when we were preparing to enable it.

2. Can’t edit default badge descriptions. I assume that’s by design, although in this case it makes the first point more inconvenient. I’ve circumvented it by renaming the badges, which let me edit.

(Sam Saffron) #4

We override descriptions on each time you run db:migrate so it is intentional. However it looks like somehow, in your install, db:migrate did not update the badge definition (it requires 300 shares now and that is what it is on meta)

Will have a look at the seeding code to see why it is not updating. (when is the last time you rebuilt your container? )

Sorry, didn’t see your question until now.

We had most recently rebuilt the container on the day I made this post.

Does the above mean that all my changes to default badges will revert the next time I update Discourse?

(Jeff Atwood) #6