First Flag
First Share
Welcome
Autobiographer
Editor
Nice Post
Good Post
Great Post

I would like to organize this badge page in some sane way and introduce a grouping concept:

A possible order could be:

###Getting Started

Read Guidelines
First Link
First Quote
First Like
Autobiographer
Reader
First Share
Welcome

###Posting

Nice Post
Good Post
Great Post

###Trust Level

Basic User
Regular User
Leader
Elder

###Other

all other badges that are user defined.

I need copy for the title of the group, and list of badges in the group.

(within each group I plan to order by badge level, bronze first, and dictionary order second)

7 Likes

This is a great start. Could admins move their user-defined badges to one of the above groups (besides “Other”)? For example, we have a “Timely Post” badge that would really be better under the “Posting” category.

Off Topic, I apologize :wink:
Oooo What’s a Timely Post badge?

Back on Topic:
I personally like the groupings you’ve made. So the only two that are currently not grouped are First Flag and Editor. Would a “Community Member” group make sense for either for those? Showing they are actions we’d typically find from a member who wants to belong to the “community”?

1 Like

For Other custom badges would there be the ability to require prerequisites? For example, a person can’t be a Regular User until they’ve become a Basic User so the prerequisite for getting a Regular User badge is that a person must have received a Basic User badge first. Make sense?

2 Likes

Version 1.0 of this is live now

https://meta.discourse.org/badges

5 Likes

Very nice! Only thing that stands out to me is the lack of left side margin on mobile (Nexus 7)

Very beautiful! Upgrading my Discourse installation now! :slight_smile:

EDIT: There is no update! Do we have to wait for V1? :frowning: