Banner opacity and disabling profile pictures / avatars

Hello, We are setting up the hosted (SaaS) version of Discourse. I wanted to check two things:

1. Is there a way of completely turn off profile pictures / avatars? I didn’t see this in the settings.

2. The banner seems to have a very slight transparency. Tried a few things, but was unsuccessful in making it totally opaque. Is there a way to achieve this?

No, there’s not a setting for this… It’s achievable in a custom theme but would take a little bit of work because avatars are integral to various parts of the layout.

Can you provide a screenshot or be more specific about which banner? There are a few types of banners throughout Discourse.

2 Likes

Hi Kris, Thanks for your reply. Here is a screenshot of our banner. As you can see, there is a slight transparency, and the text behind shows ever so lightly. Wanted to know how we can make this banner completely opaque.

P.S. we are using a customised version of the “graceful” theme.

1 Like

Great, those are the exact details I needed.

You’ll need to add a bit of custom CSS to fix the opacity. It’s best to add this to a new theme component (in the edit html/css > css > common section), and then add the theme component to the main theme. This way it won’t be overridden when the main theme gets updated.

.d-header {
  background: $header_background;
}

There’s some additional detail here about using themes and theme components if you need help: Beginner's guide to using Discourse Themes