Battle Axe - A free theme by the Tappara.co hockey community

Credits go to @ozzi, who has done most of the development and maintained it over the years.

Battle Axe is a good fit for sports club communities. Just change the team colors and logo. The stripes mimic the design seen in many ice hockey jerseys. Customize to black/yellow/white and you have Boston Bruins and so forth.

1 Like

I downloaded it from github repository, but the component is broken, can you share the updated one?

No it is not. We run it from the GitHub to production.

ember error in admin

Sort of works, but right sidebar seems incorrect and no header color.

Also, looks like an old decorateWidget with hamburger-menu code is broken somwhere.

1 Like

Interesting. I don’t see that on our instance. Are you using the version 2?

1 Like

I am using the link posted here Battle Axe - A free theme by the Tappara.co hockey community - #3 by ljpp

Then you need to roll back about 7 years of Discourse development as well.

Use the v2, which is up to date and running in our production.

Maybe you could add the link to the repository in the first post, similar to the template which is added to all new theme topics today.
Then it is less likely people will use the wrong repository because it is the first link they stumble across.

2 Likes

That is a link to the parent repo - so which v2 is it?

Also, it would be helpful to update the OP with the latest link.

1 Like

c3

@ljpp @Lilly

The theme is divided into multiple repositories:

discourse-theme-battle-axe-v2-common – this is the common parts for both color themes, it’s a component
discourse-theme-battle-axe-v2-away – this is the light theme, naming comes from hockey jerseys
discourse-theme-battle-axe-v2-home – this is the dark theme

Rest of the repositories are ads and legacy stuff.

So to install the theme:

1. Install the common component and make sure it’s a component in the customize menu
  2. Install away and home themes and make sure they are themes in the customize menu
  3. Open home/away theme and pick the correct color palette
  4. Open home/away theme and include the common component to theme from the dropdown
  5. Make sure you are using the correct theme and the color palette and have these enabled for the users

@Ahmed26 and @Lilly, let me know if it still doesn’t work with these steps.

1 Like

How can I change the colors of the theme? It is not allowed in the color settings.

In the theme settings, the Color Palette dropdown.

The colors in this section do not change, how can I change it?

The palettes come hard coded from the repository. You can press the duplicate button (Kopya?) and create a new color palette with your own colors. Then instead of picking the Battle Axe color palette in the theme settings pick your new palette.

1 Like

I couldn’t change the color of the topic name, it remains white, how can I change it to black?

Ah, that’s hard coded white since we use the blue top banner in the light theme. Might be some old hack that’s not even required anymore.

You can change it by creating a new component with custom CSS and adding it to the theme. But I would anyways suggest forking the repository to make changes easier. The theme has some ugly hacks and hasn’t really been made customizable. :confused:

1 Like

Thank you for your help

1 Like

setting button not visible

what is the problem ?

There is no plugin or css code on my site

Which version of Discourse are you using? Not sure what that button is since it’s not visible in our setup. We only have a wrench-icon for settings next to the “New Topic” button.