Beta testing the iOS mobile app

Can i be a Beta? i am android

Iā€™d like to be added to the beta.

Happy to test beta for iOS.

Invites are out, @zaidsal will do a new post once android is ready for testing, hopefully a bit later this week

4 Likes

Throwing my name out for an invite please once Android is ready!

I am a very frĆ©quent user of the community on mobile ! Can i also be bĆŖta tester ? =D (iOS iPhone 6)

As requested by Sam :

Thanks Sam !

I have tried the app and itā€™s totally: AWESOME!

I have noticed one or two bugs, I just have to retried it to be sure thatā€™s a confirmed bug.

I want to propose you some new features :wink:

You could create a new 3D Touch for iPhone 6S users (as me) then users could chose their forum.

Then you could create a new Apple Watch appā€¦

I hope that your app will be successful !

1 Like

My iPhone 7 arrives on Friday so I will have a play with some of the new features, I am on 6 at the moment so I totally missed out on the 3d touch stuff. iOS 10 also has a bunch of very interesting features around notifications.

Regarding 3d touch adding the ā€œHome screen quick action APIā€ that allows you to select a forum directly from the icon without entering the app sure would be interesting

5 Likes

Thatā€™s sure !

Check if itā€™s possible to create an app for the Apple Watch, it will be great for Apple Watch users (as me ;-))

One more recommendation for non-hosted sites. As push is not working for those, it would be useful to refresh specific site when inline browser is closed.

I would love a Beta invite. Got an iPad Air 2 Ready!

I didnā€™t get Mail from Apple

@sam just got my invite for Android. Do you want feedback here, or will there be a separate topic? Iā€™ve got a bug/issue Iā€™d like to report.

We could show the top 5 sites of your HomeScreen with unread notifications.

Iā€™m almost sure that this feature will change our community from self-hosted to hosted; at least until the probable release of ā€œDiscourse+ā€; could I receive a beta invitation? (Android or iOS, i have both)

1 Like

Iā€™m quite new in the Discourse community, whatā€™s ā€œDiscourse+ā€ please ?

I had forgotten to link to the post where Sam mentions this probable future plan, iā€™ve edited it :wink:

2 Likes

Does it work on an iPad? If so, Iā€™d like an invitation, please.

Iā€™m new to discourse meta but Iā€™m an active Infinite Flight Forum regular. I would love to get involved in the iOS beta testing. :slight_smile:

Please could you send me a beta invitation for the iOS app? Iā€™m keen to try it.

Also would be interested in a setting up a push notification solution for self-hosted Discourse instances like mine in the future.