Bookmark a topic from a topic list page (eg Latest)

Is it possible to have a “'bookmarks” top level menu?

also, before starring got removed I could star something from the overview, can I somehow do the same for bookmarks?

What do you mean by “overview”?

I think he wants a Bookmarks tab on the Latest page.

I know @sam was planning on providing away to allow site Admins to do this, but not sure if its there yet:

Regarding this question:

I don’t think this is planned.

indeed @mcwumbly,thats’ what I meant.

“starring” not planned: That’s a shame; was an easy way to note down posts that need processing later on.

Well, you can do it if you’re already reading the post - just click the bookmark icon (in the overflow menu for TL4+, I think?).

@riking: right but not from the overview pages (latest/category etc).

1 Like

Updated title to reflect this is now really about the ability to bookmark a topic from any of the topic list pages (as they are commonly referred to here).

The bookmark/star-from-topic-list feature was used so rarely it isn’t worth carrying forward, and there are no plans to do so. Sorry. I can’t think of any reasonable analog, but I also can rarely think of times I wanted to bookmark/star a topic without looking at it in the process.

That long grey list of stars just blended in and became invisible for everyone anyway. Much better to have bookmarks jump out at you from the list.

I would be happy to add keyboard shortcuts here (on the topic list) if anyone feels like adding them.

2 Likes