Bulk reassign topics from one user to another

I’d be grateful for a way (rake task or command line database query is fine) to bulk update topics and messages to reassign them from one user to another. This need comes up frequently in my community as staff come and go but we still need to follow up. Right now have one user with nearly 100 assigned topics that need to be handed off to someone else.

2 Likes

I don’t have an instance where I have assigned stuff to figure it out. If you’re desperate and have a budget, I can help.

I don’t have a budget, sadly. Thanks for the offer, though! I think I will just work my way through this list.

This situation comes up periodically and I am always wishing there were a quick fix, but at the end of the day it typically is better anyway to just buckle down and take a few hours to look at the tickets and close them or reassign them to somebody else.

1 Like
### Change post ownership
rake users:change_post_ownership["old","new"]
rake users:change_post_ownership["old","new",private]
3 Likes

thanks @omarfilip! Do those rake tasks change author of post or change who it is assigned to?

Oh, I may have misunderstood the question. The one above is for post author, not assignment. :slightly_frowning_face:

3 Likes