Bye bye embedded tweet previews

I might suggest waiting as it seems in flux for me.

Their developer portal is confusing, I think if you go to the developer portal (if you have been through the developer account creation process) for the products for one of my accounts that had gotten a suspension notice, i had to click a “downgrade” to free option to set my status.

For one of my bots that tweets from a google spreadsheet using API 1.1 calls, I used the option to make it my one “Product” and regenerated my keys. It seems to be working. But if they removed endpoints I will have to try some guess editing of scripts to see if I can have it use /2/endpoints.

I have another account used on a web site that reads tweets for ones that are replies (also had a suspension notice) using API 1.1 For this one I noticed after setting my account to Free, level, my app was listed as a Stand Alone app so I just regenerated keys, and for now, it’s working.

Bit both of these will be hosed if they turn off API 1.1 end of month or whenever the Dark Lord of Twitter decides. I don’t know what it means for authenticating accounts, it looks to me stuff will need to be re-written for API 2.

I am just guessing wildly.

3 Likes

Yea other platforms don’t use API’s to embed Twitter links and other sites, but I’m not a code guru or money so I know now how it works but that looks promising!