Calendar: ICS file missing timezone info!

I saw another post that said to post here for some reason about calendar but I don’t think discourse has anything to do with this problem but our post get closed after 7 days so YOLO !

o looking at the .ics file spec I don’t know what one we need but we are missing these … its

1. X-WR-TIMEZONE
  2. TZID
  3. X-LIC-LOCATION

so I think the timezone setting in the pack should be pulled and it should add X-WR-TIMEZONE to match … when you import from google it assumes your local … but godaddy I can’t find for the life of me where to set that … and it worked before because I assume the old ics calendars had timezone info

Example with proper timezone info … X-WR-TIMEZONE and X-LIC-LOCATION is set and the even has a DTSTART;TZID=“America/Los_Angeles”:20160206T074400 and DTEND;TZID=“America/Los_Angeles”:20160206T084400

I think at minium the fix would be add X-WR-TIMEZONE and X-LIC-LOCATION and proper spec should allow for each even to have its own start and stop timezone … I’m sure you folks get on planes and as you move around the timezone settings will adjust if properly set on the calendar

BEGIN:VCALENDAR
PRODID:-//Microsoft Corporation//Outlook 19.0 MIMEDIR//EN
VERSION:2.0
X-WR-TIMEZONE:America/Los_Angeles
METHOD:PUBLISH
BEGIN:VTIMEZONE
TZID:America/Los_Angeles
X-LIC-LOCATION:America/Los_Angeles
BEGIN:DAYLIGHT
TZOFFSETFROM:-0800
TZOFFSETTO:-0700
TZNAME:PDT
DTSTART:19700308T020000
RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYMONTH=3;BYDAY=2SU
END:DAYLIGHT
BEGIN:STANDARD
TZOFFSETFROM:-0700
TZOFFSETTO:-0800
TZNAME:PST
DTSTART:19701101T020000
RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYMONTH=11;BYDAY=1SU
END:STANDARD
END:VTIMEZONE
BEGIN:VEVENT
SUMMARY:Appointment
DESCRIPTION:Your appointment Details:\n\nPatient Details:Kou Kul\nKeven\n\nAppointment Type:Counselling (30 min)\n\nThanks.
DTSTART;TZID="America/Los_Angeles":20160206T074400
DTEND;TZID="America/Los_Angeles":20160206T084400
PRIORITY:5
TRANSP:OPAQUE
END:VEVENT
END:VCALENDAR

tephen_Hornak
ChristopherCamacho
Matt.Johnson
jacobfetzer

2 Likes