Campaign feature of Subscription plugin doesn't work with long-existing products

I have a Subscriptions Plugin product which is ongoing. I’ve had the same product defined for ~3 years now. So I have about 40 ongoing subscriptions that renew each year.

It’s the only product, https://forum.podcaster.community/s/ Also, note that I’ve hidden the campaign from anonymous users, so if you click over you won’t see the campaign.

I’d like to use the Subscription Plugin’s campaign feature to do a little membership drive. This seems exactly the main use case for the campaign feature. I enabled the campaign feature in settings, and set the product.

The problem…

The campaign logic doesn’t include any timeframe. This product has lots of existing subscriptions, and it tends to announce that my campaign is completed.

For example, if I set the target to number-of-subscriptions and 10, I get this…

Oddly, a day or two ago, I set the target to 20, and that banner showed “13 of 20 Subscribers” and I left it as “good enough.” But today, the banner has changed to show “24 of 20”…

Fine. I set the target to 30, and I have this as a work-around for the moment…

I do not want to create additional products. That would clutter up my Subscription page with multiple products that look the same and have the same pricing and description. I simply want to run a campaign to push some new subscriptions for the existing product.

Suggested fix…

The campaign settings need two new fields…

A checkbox for “only count subscriptions created on or after…”

And a date field.

IFF checkbox, then that date is then used in the db query to only count subscriptions created on/after that date.

Then we can set a date, set a target of 10 new subscriptions, and the banner will say “0 of 10” until there’s a new subscription.

See also this support request…

1 Like