Can I install Discourse with my own Redis and Postgres?

Hello Everyone :blush:

This is my first post, I hope this topic was not covered yet. If so, I apologize. I have been searching but I have not found a recent topic about this.

I would like to install Discourse but with an already created Postgres and an already created Redis. I have been following the documentation to install Discourse with Docker install-cloud.md and it works great but I don’t know if there is a possibility to perform this installation but without creating a Postgres and a Redis. I would prefer to connect to my own resources.

Can you guide me/help me a bit with this? Thanks in advance :sparkles: :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

This is likely what you’re looking for How to migrate quickly to separate web and data containers

3 Likes

Thanks for the quick reply!!

2 Likes

For PostgreSQL you should follow Running Discourse with a separate PostgreSQL server. Redis has the same equivalent configuration.

5 Likes

Thanks for the resource, I will dig into it

Thanks to everyone I have managed to perform what I needed. The solution is a combination of the two articles provided:
@rorycb with How to migrate quickly to separate web and data containers → which helped me to understand how to manage discourse with separated containers for each structure (but it does not have the proper information for a clean installation)
@Falco with Running Discourse with a separate PostgreSQL server → which helped me to understand how to generate images and separate with the previous information to create a fresh installation

And this third link How to set up an internal team forum in half a day using Discourse → which helped me to know how to configure some params to generate a proper setup for a Kubernetes cluster.

I post all of this extra info just in case that in the future someone needs this. Thanks again to @rorycb and @Falco :sparkling_heart:

6 Likes