Can no longer create new accounts due to old multi-select user field plugin

I think so, but I haven’t tried the multi-select plugin, so I can’t be sure. Here’s how the Discourse multiselect fields work:

Users can select any of the items that you add when you configure the custom field:

It’s possible that the UI is different than what the plugin was doing, but hopefully the results are the same.

Can you confirm that with the plugin installed, you are able to see the values that users have entered for the fields created with the plugin if you visit their profile page?

Edit: @Paul_King, I’m realizing I may have been overly optimistic about migrating the data. Without accessing your site’s Rails console, the easiest way to get a sense of what’s going on would be to check how the old fields have been saved by running a Data Explorer query. If you don’t have that plugin installed on your site, it might be worth adding it.

If the Data Explorer plugin is installed on your site, try running the following query:

SELECT * FROM user_fields

Hopefully that query will return some results with their field_type set to “multiselect-dropdown”. If it does, migrating the data should be fairly straightforward.

2 Likes