Can someone tell me how these things happen?

Just some things that I find confusing:

1. Sometimes it’s one day off, but how does it get off by two days?:
    Screenshot 2024-02-22 20.03.34
  2. For a bunch of users, it says that they invited themselves. Like, just take a look at who invited Moin.
  3. Not really related, but is there a way to reverse an invite? It’s from an incident that happened earlier this year about badge farming (I got tricked into clicking an invite link, and it’s just been really bugging me).

That was a bug which was reported here. I tried to reproduce that.

That was discussed in New User has several days reported as "Days Visited"?

2 Likes

Hi @justanotherperson :slight_smile:

Could you give your topics more descriptive titles? They help frame the topic and make it easier for people see what the subject is from the topic list.

It’s also better etiquette here on meta to keep to one issue per topic, so if you could separate any unrelated secondary questions into a separate topic that would be much better.

5 Likes

Ok, got it. I also keep forgetting that this is a different forum and not the forum I come from (it’s a very strict place where short topics are considered spam).

2 Likes

For this one if you mean you want to cancel acceptance of an invitation to a site you joined by clicking an invitation link, that may not be possible but you could ask the site administrator to delete or anonymize that account and then start over with a new account not created from an invitation link.

That seems a particularly nuclear option. I’m not sure if you’re being serious.

To be honest, I’m not sure what to do with this topic as it’s a bit of a mish mash of different things. As Moin pointed out, these questions are also covered in more detail in existing topics, so it may be better to unlist this one. Hopefully you’ve got what you needed. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes