Can you build a search that includes the parameter of No Tags?

My example is I’ve been tasked with tagging all threads that meet certain criteria in one of our categories. I want to do a third pass looking for all with no tag currently.

tags

I’m not sure if there is a way to search for no tag in the UX, but in any case, you might be able to create a data explorer query that could identify the topics that meet the criteria and don’t have tags.

Does something like Topics tagged none work for your use case?
https://yoursite/tags/c/category/categoryID/none

You can also find that option in the dropdown at the top

I think searching with #none also works. At least I was able to find 3 untagged topics by me with Search results for '#none @moin' - Discourse Meta

1 Like

Sadly, I don’t have access to data explorer or I would use it to do the retroactive tagging.

Thank you.

I’ll try #none on the search and report back.

The pull down I use all the time in the 2 categories where most of the threads are tagged. It doesn’t help in this category.

#none doesn’t appear to work:
My full search is this: MMP #miscellaneous-and-personal-stuff-i-must-share in:title tags:#none

Are there a lot of other tags? You can exclude tags from search with -tags:tag1,tag2,tag3

2 Likes

Very good to know, but that won’t work in this category.

Thank you.

I found in:untagged as a filter in Search tips and tricks 🔎
The search results look quite promising.

6 Likes

That did it, thank you. Perfect.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.