I was directed to post this issue here, since the website referenced below uses Discourse.
Steps to reproduce
- Went to https://forum.obsidian.md in Firefox browser
- Clicked on “Sign Up” button in top right corner
- Prompt appears allowing me to enter details; I entered the details I wanted to use
- Click on Create New Account button
Expected result was to create a new account
Could not create account because the username field shows the error, “Checking username availability” indefinitely, regardless of what I enter.
- Operating system: Windows 10 Pro
- Browser: Firefox 78.7.1esr 64-bit
- The issue existed in a private window also.
- I was able to create an account using Microsoft Edge, and then sign in in Firefox.