Cannot delete category due to 500 error

I’m having issues deleting a few categories.

I’ve moved all topics associated with these categories (except the About this category topic) to other categories. I tried moving the replies to the “About this category” topic to another topic. I can’t seem to move these topics (about this category topic) to another category. When I try to delete the category I get a 500 error at the top of the category edit window. What am I missing?

1 Like

Hello!

Your issue sounds similar to the one below:

https://meta.discourse.org/t/cannot-delete-a-category-because-of-about-category-topic/84310

1 Like

Thanks @Thomas_G. Very similar though not sure if she was getting the 500 error. It looks like that specific thread never got solved, and the one that got split off doesn’t apply. I never turned any of the replies or topics into PMs.

2 Likes

Are you trying to delete the #uncategorized category?

1 Like

Nope, not trying to delete the Uncategorized category. I turned that off in the Settings. These are other categories we created when we first launched our community that we decided to deprecate during a restructure initiative.

2 Likes

Hi, I have identified the issue, this should be solved in the next 12 hours, I’m assigning this to a specific team member who has been working on it.

6 Likes

Hi Heather,

I’m deploying a fix for this to your forum, once it’s live I’ll let you know and you should be able to delete the category.

6 Likes

Hi Heather,

Your site has the latest updates now, please let me know if this category delete still doesn’t work.

5 Likes

Yes, I was able to delete those categories! Thank you :slight_smile:

4 Likes