Can't add media files using Mi Browser PWA

I’m using iNaturalist forum and both there and here the button for adding media to comments and posts is not working if I use the separate “app” installed to smartphone screen. When I click on it the keyboard closes but nothing else happens. I’m using Xiaomi mi9 on Android 10. It works fine in the mobile browser, but I’m used to be able to open it from the phone screen, I thought that maybe the phone sees it like an app, but it’s not and there’s no way that I found to see permissions of it.

2 Likes

Testing it here:

Appears to be working fine :thinking:

Can you reproduce the problem here?

5 Likes

What exactly do you mean? It doesn’t work here too, so yes, I can replicate, I can’t add screenshots right now, but it’s not different from a regular view with closed keyboard, the button is not grey for me, so I don’t know what is happening. And I can download your photo, it works, but not upload.

2 Likes

I see you are using Chrome 71. Can you try updating your browser? It is working fine for me on Chrome 85.

1 Like

I’m using it with Mi browser 12, at least it was downloaded from it, Play Market says it can’t be updated and I can’t delete it as it was preinstalled, my Chrome is at 85 version now (I checked), but I never used it.
Maybe I should reinstall the forum part? Could it be not updating?

Looks like Mi Browser uses the Chrome Mobile WebView underneath and is stuck on version 71, a 2 years old version of it.

For that and others reasons, in Android we only officially support the latest version of Google Chrome. I’d recommend you to try it.

5 Likes

Ok, I deleted it, it works now, thank you a lot!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.