Allow multiple ‘new topic’ drafts

Hi!
To solve this problem, I had to come up with an alternative solution on my Discourse instance - I send personal letters to myself. This is very convenient because I can then edit and save each personal message.
One inconvenience - to send a letter to myself I follow these steps:

1. I click on my avatar in my personal account
  2. Then click on the mail icon
  3. In the post composer that opens, I select myself from the list of users
  4. I write a message and send it.

How can all these actions be explained to all forum users?
To resolve this issue, I started using the method of quickly jumping to personal messages using pre-filled link. I embedded this link in the side menu and gave it the title “Draft (letter to myself).” However, I have the following problem - the link does not support (at least I have not found a suitable way) the transition to a personal message to yourself, that would work for every user, not just me… To solve this problem now, I had to come up with a workaround - I created a test user and gave him the name “Bot - draft”. Now, every user of my forum (including myself) can send a letter to this inactive “Draft Bot” and subsequently edit the letter if necessary. Only now users may be a little embarrassed that they are sending a personal letter to some kind of bot. But for now I have no other choice.

Now my task is to make a quick selection of all the letters that the user sent to himself(“Draft Bot”). I would like to add this link to a custom drop-down menu in the user’s avatar as a separate “All emails to myself” tab. At this time, the user has to look for his “drafts” among the rest of his messages. In order to make a collection (to create a link to quickly jump to the collection) of all the “drafts”, I tried using “Search” and "/filter", but these methods were unsuccessful - they did not support the selection of personal letters from me to another user (for example, created-by:me recipient:username, here is my post about it).

Perhaps, if not for the Discourse AI plugins from @Falco and Chatbot by @merefield I wouldn’t be interested in the topic of drafts. In particular, the Discourse AI plugin has an AI assistant module

in the theme editor. This module has very great capabilities that can be used not only to create a topic or message, but also to edit text without the need to publish a topic/message. For example, if I just want to edit some text for myself, why should I click on the “Message” button and publish the text? It turns out that if I do not use the method of sending a letter to myself, I will have to do the following:

1. Click on the “Create topic” button
  2. Write any text and process it using the AI assistant
  3. Copy the final version of the text to the clipboard
  4. Click on the delete button (since I don’t want to publish this text)
  5. Confirm deletion
    It is not possible to explain all these steps to all forum users.

In general, I believe that if such an advanced technology as artificial intelligence is introduced into Discourse, then sooner or later there will be a need to add such functions as: a custom tools tab for controlling and customizing the user’s interaction with the AI (viewing token limit balances, request history, temperature adjustment, etc. further), editor of personal documents (analogue of drafts/notepads, somewhat reminiscent of documents in https://www.notion.so/), adaptation of subscription plugin (add token accounting function) and the like.

Ps. I am new to Discourse, I am not a programmer, and perhaps my visions described in the last paragraph may turn out to be clumsy, so I ask you in advance not to judge me harshly :pray:
I may have gone a little off topic at the end, but I wanted you to understand the context of my decisions on the drafts.

1 Like