Can't modify or delete category

Hello,
I installed Discourse a few weeks ago for an association. The whole works well overall.
I am an administrator and I have appointed other administrators and moderators. Another administrator created a category and subsequently renamed it.
We want to edit the category, give it another name or delete it, but I get a 404 error every time.
I launched a ./launcher rebuild app without success.
Do you have an idea ?
Thanks,
Aymeric

Did they rename uncategorized?

1 Like

No, it’s different name.

I saw somewhere a method to delete a subject from the server directly in SSH, could a similar method apply for categories?

I still think it’s uncategorized that now has a different name.

But yes you can do something like

Category.find_by(name: "ffd").destroy!
2 Likes

I’m guessing some accent in the slug, I had to
./launcher enter app
then
rails c
and
c = Category.find_by(id: 'the_id')
(q)
c.update(slug: 'new-slug')

exit and exit
Modify Category page was then accessible

4 Likes

Hi, it work !!! Thanks @Benjamin_D, @pfaffman !
I think problem is accent in slug. Problem will repeat when use accent in slug ?

3 Likes

:thinking: what is your slug generation method setting ?

1 Like

It’s automatic when you assign a name on new category. I think he created category with “slug” name “pour améliorer la communication du site des adhérents du CA” and he rename after “communication vélivélo”.

I mean the parameter, it could be set to ascii or encoded (then something might not work, but I’m not really sure of the expected results and consequences of either one :sweat_smile:)

1 Like

I do not know at all. I don’t know where the parameter is. I was thinking of using UTF8.

It is there:
your.domain/admin/site_settings/category/all_results?filter=slug

2 Likes

Hi, it’s ASCII. I never modify this.

1 Like

Try setting it to encoded and see if that allows you to edit the category.

3 Likes