Can't move posts to a new topic on mobile

(Michael Downey) #1

Sorry but I’m on the go and the nature of this problem didn’t allow me to do any screenshot.

After selecting 1+ posts with the wrench in a looong topic, I can’t then move the post to a new topic, because the blue dialog box is at the very top of the page. When I scroll up, I can’t use the dialog because more posts keep loading. As a result I’m constantly “chasing” the dialog.

(David Rice) #2

Indeed, It’s rather annoying having to chase up the screen or goto the post count box and click top.

I’m on Discourse v1.4.0.beta10 +17

cheers

(Jeff Atwood) #3

This might have regressed, can you check it tomorrow @eviltrout? Selecting / moving posts on mobile.

(Robin Ward) #4

I believe we did this to get around position: fixed bugs in ios. It still works, but you have to scroll to the top of the topic to do it.

(Christoph) #5

Does this bug still exist today? If not, it would be great to get rid of that work around. I was also thinking the select posts function is broken on mobile…

If the work around is still necessary, it would we have some hint after selecting a post on mobile that you have to scroll up for further action? Or at least limit the workaround to ios devices?

(Robin Ward) #6

As of the latest major iOS release, yes. They are still really screwed with postion: fixed.

I’m not sure how the hint would work. Where would you suggest to put it?

(Sam Saffron) #7

We could put a hint near the wrench on mobile, then you would click on it to scroll up for actions, or something like that

(Christoph) #8

Admittedly, it’s not great. But it could work with half the font size of “selected”. But here’s what I actually tried, first thing of all: long press the “selected” button. Could that be a solution?