Can't move posts to a new topic on mobile

Sorry but I’m on the go and the nature of this problem didn’t allow me to do any screenshot.

After selecting 1+ posts with the wrench in a looong topic, I can’t then move the post to a new topic, because the blue dialog box is at the very top of the page. When I scroll up, I can’t use the dialog because more posts keep loading. As a result I’m constantly “chasing” the dialog.

2 Likes

Indeed, It’s rather annoying having to chase up the screen or goto the post count box and click top.

I’m on Discourse v1.4.0.beta10 +17

cheers

This might have regressed, can you check it tomorrow @eviltrout? Selecting / moving posts on mobile.

I believe we did this to get around position: fixed bugs in ios. It still works, but you have to scroll to the top of the topic to do it.

1 Like

Does this bug still exist today? If not, it would be great to get rid of that work around. I was also thinking the select posts function is broken on mobile…

If the work around is still necessary, it would we have some hint after selecting a post on mobile that you have to scroll up for further action? Or at least limit the workaround to ios devices?

As of the latest major iOS release, yes. They are still really screwed with postion: fixed.

I’m not sure how the hint would work. Where would you suggest to put it?

We could put a hint near the wrench on mobile, then you would click on it to scroll up for actions, or something like that

2 Likes

Admittedly, it’s not great. But it could work with half the font size of “selected”. But here’s what I actually tried, first thing of all: long press the “selected” button. Could that be a solution?

UI has been totally revamped on mobile and it is easy to move posts now.