Category Banners

I’ve added a couple new settings:

5 Likes

This is a great component, but since the latest Discourse update I get this error in my console:

TypeError: i is not a function. (In 'i(e,t,r)', 'i' is undefined)

Discourse warns me with this error:

Your site may not work because a theme / component has errors.
Caused by 'Category Banners'.

:frowning:

1 Like

Hi Ben, the component works on the latest Discourse version.

What is your Discourse version?

1 Like

Strange. I’m using 3.3.0.beta2-dev

1 Like

Hello,

This is what I want:

This is what I’m getting:

1. extend banner background color 100%
  2. remove any extra at the arrows

Any tip anyone can share with me?

2 Likes

Hello :wave:

In plugin outlet setting, change to below-site-header. That should do what you want!

2 Likes

I PR’d a small fix that should select the right color in the case where a @username is in the description. Before, it was taking the same color as the main text, making the username practically invisible.

2 Likes

Not exactly.

I want to hide the welcome banner when it is on a category page. Otherwise, when I enable the Welcome Banner to “discovery” instead of “homepage,” I will notice the Welcome Banner and Category Banner simultaneously. Does that make sense?

1 Like

We have all sorts of odd bugs happening with this component. We cannot seem to nail down that there is no identifiable reason as to when the banner will or will not show up above our categories.

Some will work, some won’t. I’m struggling to even know how to report this because I cannot identify anything different amongst some of our categories.

UPDATE:
My coworker informed me that my understanding of what ‘all’ meant as a target was misinformed.

Carry on.

1 Like

Did you edit the “About the category” topic of those categories where the banner is missing?

4 Likes

I use plugin Who Online and Two display components are stuck together, how to keep them a reasonable distance apart?

2 Likes

When I set a icon in this category still show me # how fix this? others categories are showing right icon but some not.

Is this componen treating category lock icons differently than other parts of forum? My actual concern is hiding lock icon but banners are showing when locks are hided everywhere else.

Great theme component for categories! I’m running into an issue when I add a category logo that the category description displays in the default position on the category page as per the screenshot below. Is there a way to turn off the default placeholder of the category description from displaying when the “discourse-category-banners” is enabled? I would like the category description to display in the banner just as it is now. If I turn off the category logo then it displays correctly, seems to maybe be an issue when you have the category logo enabled. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Is there a way to change the background for mentions in the banner? White text is fine in dark mode, but in light mode, mentions in the white text are washed out:

1 Like

Probably. This was fixed for user @mentions but not for group @mentions.

1 Like

Thanks @putty and @Moin! I added a fix that should address both the group mention and non-existent user mention colors.

2 Likes