Category logos displaying larger than the original size

After upgrading to 2.9.0.beta11 I noticed that the category logos were displaying larger than the original image size causing the image to look blurry and the description text to display in a vertical column:

As a temporary measure I’ve added a custom CSS class to resolve the issue:

.category-logo.aspect-image img {
    width: auto !important;
}

The-STEP-Forums-After

For an example go to: https://forum.step.org/, inspect one of the category images and deselect the above custom class. It also occurs on the individual category pages i.e. Contentious Trusts & Estates - The STEP Forums

Looks like this is the class that is then active:

.category-logo.aspect-image img {
    width: calc(var(--max-height) * var(--aspect-ratio));
}

I recall that we had to refine this area, can you confirm you upgraded to latest tests-passed ?

Hi @sam,

I upgraded midday yesterday (GMT) to 2.9.0.beta11 (de2382a652)

This is what’s on the Upgrade page:
Repository:
discourse de2382a6

version: tests-passed is commented out in params section of the app.yml file.

Is this the information you require or is there more detail elsewhere that I can provide?

Thanks,
Tom

1 Like

Hi Tom :slight_smile:

Is this still an issue for you?

Hi @JammyDodger :slight_smile:

Yes it is, the Discourse version is now 3.0.0.beta16.

Thanks,
Tom

1 Like

Hmm. :thinking: That is unfortunate. I was hoping for a bit of ‘magically-fixed’. :slight_smile: I think when we had a run of these issues after the category-logo class change almost all have come good again. I think there’s also this report as well Category logo image overlaid by text after recent update which may well be worth checking in on (@Amicable) to see if there’s anything you have in common that could be causing this to persist in your case.

1 Like

I’ve just upgraded and removed the css fix I employed (Category logo image overlaid by text after recent update - #19 by Amicable) to see where we’re at.

The error no longer occurs, so something has changed between then (Oct '22) and today. I couldn’t tell you what, though :neutral_face: . What I can say is that my installation is vanilla and that the error seemed to be due to css cache server side.

2 Likes