Category option: max topics per user (2 use-case examples)

Use case #1: we would like to have a “Jobs - Resume” category and would allow only ONE topic to be created in that category by any user.

Use case #2: we would like to have an “Official company pages” category and would allow only ONE topic to be created by SOME users (btw, is there any way to allow only users with a particular badge to post to a particular category? - if yes then we would grant a Company Representative badge and make a category where only holders of that badge can create topics, and preferrably would limit them to only one topic per user). This can also be one of ways to monetize with time.

1 Like

None of this is planned.

Will a corresponding pull request be accepted?

http://imagizer.imageshack.com/img537/9506/eDDGXT.png

• one more field in categories table, 0 by default
  • just a few translatable messages (e.g for end users when they try to create more than allowed number of topics in the category)

I’d make this a plugin. When use cases are so specific, I don’t think it belongs in core.

1 Like

I agree with @Sander78, this should be a plugin.

A core PR to add the extensibility points needed is welcome, note we already support cutsom_fields on categories table, so storage is set.

1 Like

Thanks. Which is the current recommended setup guide for developers? There are more than one.

This would need to be a plugin as the only time I have ever heard this
request is specific to your site.

Thanks, got it.
Could you please link me to the current recommended setup guide for developers as there are more than one.

See: