May I propose the following:
add category / topic subscription stats for admins.
This would help to identify which content attracts the most on your Discourse instance.
The proposed spect is to let admin:
- view the categories list by most subscriptions, depending on subscription type (muted, normal, watch etc).
- the same for topics, either global or in a particular category
- include/exclude mods from the stats (we usually subscribe to every single category in our forums)
- view for various date ranges: week, month, quarter, year, all time
- show dynamics to answer the following question
- which category or topic is gaining/losing popularity in terms of subscriptions number the most this week/month/etc