Change the discourse signup redirect when using oauth2

We are using the discourse oauth2 basic plugin so that user login is done through AWS Cognito. We have self-registration enabled in Cognito so users initially signup in AWS Cognito. We are using the AWS Cognito app integration feature where the login and signup pages are provided by AWS. We have users first hitting the forum home page where they are presented with a signup button and a login button. Clicking on discourse signup button takes a user to the AWS Cognito login button, where the link to signup instead of just logging in is fairly hard to see. (The hosted Cognito page cannot be customized much and rolling our own login page is a lot of work.) In house we have no ruby on rails expertise and no expertise on discourse internals. It would be nice to get a change to discourse or the oauth2 basic plugin so that the discourse signup button will redirect a user to the AWS Cognito signup URL and the discourse login button will redirect to the AWS Cognito login button. We are looking for someone to build the necessary change to discourse or the oauth2 plugin.

It would be nice to get this new feature within a couple of weeks. Our budget is $2000. Our business is very interested in discourse so I could see us needing other minor modifications in the future.

1 Like

I can help you with this. Please send me a PM to discuss further.

1 Like

Hey @jvergin

Is this still available? If so, send me a PM or an email to orlando@hashlabs.com.

Thanks!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.