Chat Integration: Issue with Discord Webhooks

Trying to solve a problem. and can’t seem to figure it out yet. I have checked everything but it still comes up with an error.

{
“error_key”: null,
“message”: {
“content”: “Cim Boards 100% free for members of Cimmarian sign up today!”,
“embeds”: [
{
“title”: “DOOM Soundtrack LIVE at The Game Awards 2016 [Shooter / Battle Royale/DOOM] doom, video-game-soundtrack, doom-2016”,
“color”: 12525102,
“description”: “[DOOM Soundtrack LIVE at The Game Awards 2016]\n \n\n\nComposer Mick Gordon performs the DOOM soundtrack live at The 2016 Game Awards. Mick is joined by Matt Halpern from Periphery and Sonic Mayhem.”,
“url”: “DOOM Soundtrack LIVE at The Game Awards 2016 - DOOM - Cimmarian”,
“author”: {
“name”: “@CrackMasterK”,
“url”: “Profile - CrackMasterK - Cimmarian”,
“icon_url”: “https://boards.cimmarian.com/user_avatar/boards.cimmarian.com/crackmasterk/45/2_2.png
}
}
]
},
“response_body”: “\r\n403 Forbidden\r\n\r\n

403 Forbidden

\r\n
cloudflare\r\n\r\n\r\n”
}

Let me know if you see anything I am missing. I see the 403 forbidden I am just not understanding what is forbidden?

4 Likes

Found the solution, Discord’s webhooks now use discord.com if you make it discordapp.com it works.

6 Likes

Do we need to update the docs anywhere for this @david?

I updated the guide with a note regarding @CrackMasterK’s solution. I’ve toyed with this in recent months and we updated the plugin to allow discord.com webhook URLs, but they error out on Discord’s end. I don’t believe it has anything to do with the plugin.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.