Christmas hats component

the common works good, but once i started changing the pictures, they didn’t fit right and desktop and mobile had to have different settings.

but for the santa hats, common works great

3 Likes

Is it too much to ask for capability to upload own image? Like bunny ears for Easter? :wink:

1 Like

You can change it to anything you want,

I did these, went over great

no need to upload just change the URL

7 Likes

Perfect solution! Thank you!

2 Likes

Hey, it’s working great… Is there just a way that the hats could be moved up a tiny bit higher? (On mobile) Thanksimage

1 Like

This looks great!

Is there a way the hats can be added only if viewing a particular category?

We have a #christmas category, so it would be great to add the hats just in there!

1 Like

Is there a way for me, as a user to opt out of this? It just activated on another forum that I frequent. Some of us find the Christmas holiday offensive.

I’m not trying to prevent others from participating, but I’d rather not have the hat associated with my avatar, even temporarily…

1 Like

Getting this error in admin - but it seems to work https://forum.studmed.dk/

Error: Undefined variable: “$hat”. on line 7 of desktop.scss >> background-image: url($hat); ------------------------^

1 Like

And a little issue - The new thing where the avatar keeps on the left when scrolling a big thread the hat stays on but it is hard to see…

Demo: Min ansøgning til kvote 2, KU (kom ind) - Kommende studmed - Studmed.dk

1 Like

This Comparing 4ba144ab2433293ea67b00bec2b623722de987ca...83186bf5d1e112bbab3aab09e4f276254a2d1a9a · davidtaylorhq/discourse-snow-theme · GitHub fixed a simular error regarding: Winter snow theme component ❄ - #12 by david

1 Like

And similar error on this similar theme component: Christmas Decoration Component 🎄 - #8 by Jonathan5

1 Like

This completely disappeared on my forum on all themes, mobile and desktop. I tried replacing $hat with a link to it uploaded to see if that was the issue and nothing. I’m not sure when exactly they stopped I just got used to them, but it must have been sometime in the last couple days. My site is full upgraded to the latest

3 Likes

This is a quite neat Component. Would there be a way to just target specific users?

• Decorate if Topic Author
  • Decorate if in groupname
1 Like