We have identified a bug in Chrome / Chromium that multiple hosted customers of ours have asked us about where viewing the certificate shows an incorrect expiry date:
If I open a normal Chromium window and Incognito side-by-side, the browsers report different certificates being served:
If I open the devtools and refresh, I see the correct certificate:
but then if I close the tools and refresh, I see the old certificate!
On our end, we’ve confirmed that the correct certificates are being served, so this problem seems to be entirely within Chrome/Chromium.
Verified present on:
- Chromium Version 85.0.4183.83 (Official Build) Arch Linux (64-bit)
On Windows, you might see a valid certificate, but if you inspect it it shows as being expired:
Reported to the Chromium bug tracker as issue #1126113.