Closing our Forum temporarily for Christmas

Hi,
What is the easiest way to close down our Forum temporarily for Christmas? We want people to be able to read posts but not to make new ones.

Greetings,
Casper

Set it to read only mode in the site settings, I suppose?

4 Likes

You can enable read-only mode in /admin/backups. Also you can display holiday message by site-wide banner topic. Happy Christmas :christmas_tree:

10 Likes

Thanks. But I only find at backups a box with “Enable read only mode while taking a backup”. I don’t see any box that allows me to generalize the read-only mode.

Right now I did it using a trick. I set the minimum post size at 11 characters and the maximum post size at 10 characters. But I suppose there should be an “official” way to do this.

Okay I figured it out already. Thanks a lot!

Sorry. I just updated my previous answer.

And? What was the solution?

Perhaps you could post it here, so that people searching for help in the future and coming across this thread can also share in your knowledge.

Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

The solution was Read-only mode. @vinothkannans had the wrong location of where to find it initially - his post has since been edited with the correct location of the read-only mode toggle.

5 Likes

What @jomaxro said!

This was the solution:[quote=“vinothkannans, post:3, topic:54717”]
You can enable read-only mode in /admin/backups. Also you can display holiday message by site-wide banner topic. Happy Christmas :christmas_tree:
[/quote]

3 Likes