Community Network Visualisation

Pull Request: it’s a way to propose your own code modifications for a Github project (Robert’s plugin in this case) to the intent of their maintainer(s), and they’ll decide if they implement your changes or not.

More verbose explanation: About pull requests - GitHub Docs

2 Likes

(thanks @Canapin)

Yes, if you know enough Ember/Rails, please feel free to contribute via PR.

If not, perhaps consider posting in marketplace to hire a freelancer to help you, or contact me directly to agree a price.

Unfortunately I already do so much free work for the ecosystem I cannot keep adding features without funding.

The main reason this behaves like this in the first place is to prevent unregistered entities seeing User data.

5 Likes

Thank you very much @merefield I’ll use this as a learning opportunity, and we’ll see if I can rise to the learning challenge!

4 Likes

Is there a way (that I’m missing, probably) to “move” around the chart? I can see that there are links that are “outside” the canvas but the only way to interact with it is to click and hold over a node and even that just cause it to spin and stretch uncontrollably.

I must be missing something as others here seems to be able to “zoom” for example.

No way presently of moving or zooming. Can only suggest reducing the complexity by decreasing the number of nodes by changing the trust level bar.

Agree that would be a nice addition.

PR accepted for more control.

Hello, thanks for this neat plugin. It appears since the latest discourse updates that it is no longer available/appearing in our menu bar. Are there updates needed in the app for this?

1 Like

Hey there, thanks for your interest.

Not given this plugin much love recently as my scope is very broad and I often prioritise paid work as needs must.

You could add a custom link using the new sidebar functionality and point it to:

/usernetworkvis

See Custom sidebar sections being tested on meta

Does that help? (if it does I may add that note to the OP).

Hey @Laura_Montoya did that solve your issue?

Whenever someone gives help, it’s a really good idea to at least confirm it helped if you can. That can help promote solutions so others can benefit.

1 Like

This is fully back in action, now compatible with Ember 5:

• with a zoom control @Crius (but unfortunately this is currently limited to entire viewport so doesn’t solve edge visibility issues - workaround still to pull nodes around :sweat_smile: )
  • adds a setting (default ON) to add a menu item to the new Sidebar/Dropdown menu. @Laura_Montoya

Yes, a click-drag would be nice, but no-one is paying me. You can fund me to add this or PR. It’s not trivial.

1 Like