Comparing Discourse for Teams with Discourse

We are starting to get some interesting questions from the community about Discourse for Teams and how it compares to Discourse, now that we have launched the product, so I will gather the best questions and answers on the Teams support site here for the benefit of everyone.

Keep in mind that many of the differences don’t apply to self-hosted Discourse, so savvy self-hosters with some programming chops will be able to get pretty close to what we are offering here on their own. But of course without the same level of support and ease of setup and use!

38 Likes

Where were you a month ago when I set up a private Discourse installation for my team?? :sweat_smile: :rofl:
Anyway, great stuff guys, keep it up!

EDIT:
Just throwing that in here- many teams would only be able to use this if it has HIPAA Compliance just to keep in mind…

3 Likes

The same goes for Discourse in general. Teams is no more or less compliant.

4 Likes

Thank you for making this comparison.

I think it’s worth mentioning the GDPR limitation for European users not willing nor able to use AWS[^1].

[^1]: it would be useful as well to document S3 setup and usage outside of AWS – been on my todo list for ages… :frowning:

1 Like

Like Using Object Storage for Uploads (S3 & Clones) ?

7 Likes

I moved this FAQ to the Discourse for Teams support site where it can be kept up to date. Let me know if any questions remain about the relationship of Discourse for Teams with Discourse! :sunflower:

5 Likes