Composer Highlighted Button

:information_source: Summary Adds a Highlighted Text button to the composer in Discourse. Wraps the selected text in HTML <mark></mark> tags.
:eyeglasses: Preview https://github.com/denvergeeks/discourse-composer-highlighted/blob/main/README.md
:hammer_and_wrench: Repository GitHub - denvergeeks/discourse-composer-highlighted
:question: Install Guide How to install a theme or theme component
:open_book: New to Discourse Themes? Beginner’s guide to using Discourse Themes

Install this theme component

Composer Highlighted Button for Discourse

Adds a Highlighted Text button to the composer in Discourse. Wraps the selected text in HTML <mark></mark> tags.

See also

2 Likes

Good work!

But the range of Theme Components is a little … profuse … for such small differences?

Why not just have one Theme Component, with settings governing what is available?

1 Like

Yeah, I agree. Do you think I should just combine the Highlighted button with the Inserted and Deleted?

1 Like

That’s what I would do and just let people decide which features they want exposed?

With that approach you could also add more features with time (if they were similar in nature).

I’d prefer one component that I could keep adding more buttons to, with each button having it’s own toggle on and off in the settings.

For now I could add settings to optionally place the buttons in the existing dropdown, but that seems awkward too.

One button that (on click or optionally on hover) pops open a row of buttons would be preferable to a dropdown IMO.

1 Like