Conditionally Automating Posts for YouTube Videos

I use Zapier to automatically post from my ghost blog and youtube channels to my discourse forum.

I sometimes post gaming videos which I’d like to exclude, but I don’t see any way to have Zapier skip videos based on their category or some other trait that would work.

So I looked at another automation tool, IFTTT, and a search indicates it can’t post to Discourse at all.

Does anyone know a good, preferably free, automation tool that can post just my non-gaming videos to my forum? Or at least does anyone have a list of which automation tools support Discourse?

1 Like

We’re using this one and it’s a very advanced integration with Discourse =]

2 Likes

If you don’t mind the added step of adding the non-gaming videos to a playlist, then you can simply use the RSS feed for a playlist, instead of a channel:

https://www.youtube.com/feeds/videos.xml?playlist_id=PLAYLISTIDGOESHERE

2 Likes

You are welcome to play with my fork of @vinothkannans cool plugin (which is otherwise unfortunately broken these days)

I haven’t PR’d because I never fixed the other sources. It only works for YouTube afaia, but the interface was fixed and I’ve added a load of features (which all hopefullly still work as only a few months old).

Sorry, I haven’t time to support this and I don’t use it presently because it is a polling based solution and my use requirements overran my YouTube API quota! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Did I miss a YouTube adaptor?

You’re right… I see they are not using YouTube (yet).

1 Like

We have customers using this approach, and even added special handling of youtube playlists feeds in the plugin for this use case.

1 Like

Which plugin? I’m willing to use a playlist, but I’m not clear on what tool I set this up with.

1 Like

It’s the Configure the Discourse RSS Polling Plugin

4 Likes