In this example, we are using Azure OpenAI to generate the keys.
Note: You will likely need a paid plan and have to pay per usage. See here for up-to-date details and pricing .
Platforms will always change so this guide may not reflect 100% process.
In order to use certain AI modules, users must have an API Key from a 3rd party provider such as OpenAI (ChatGPT), Anthropic (Claude), Stability AI (Stable Diffusion), etc
Please check each AI module to see which 3rd party providers can be used for it.
- First you will need to request access for Azure OpenAI
- Once accepted, agree to their pricing and terms
- Go through the documentation here to obtain the necessary API keys depending on the OpenAI models you choose and the Discourse AI modules/features you use
- Once the keys are obtained, store them in a safe and secure place and copy it
- Go to Admin settings from the sidebar or profile and then Plugins
- Search or find
Discourse AIand click settings
- Search or find the following settings and input your copied-over the keys
The settings will depend on the OpenAI model you choose and the Discourse AI modules/features you use
ai openai API key: API key for OpenAI API
ai openai embeddings url: Custom URL used for OpenAI embeddings API (use specific URL for Azure)
ai openai gpt35 url: Custom URL used for GPT 3.5 chat completions
ai openai gpt35 16k url: Custom URL used for GPT 3.5 16k context chat completions
ai openai gpt4 url: Custom URL used for GPT 4 chat completions
ai openai gpt4 32k url: Custom URL used for GPT 4 32k context chat completions