I’m not sure this is an actual bug or if anything can easily be done about it, but in our community we ran afoul of a behavior that is unexpected. Many members work offline on posts, then copy/paste them from e.g. google docs into discourse. In most cases, the formatting and syntax transfers correctly and beautifully. It’s not 100% perfect, though, so I have been nudging colleagues to sanity check after posting and also doing some ninja edits myself on their posts to fix formatting and syntax.
@ mentions transfer as hyperlinks that look correct in the preview and in the published post, but are actually not @ mentions. So they sneak through unnoticed… the screenshot below is of an important announcement that should have been delivered to the email inboxes of all staff, but was not. It was only a few weeks later when troubleshooting that we noticed the syntax was off. Oops.