Custom plugin needed to integrate our forum with our Next.js website

What would you like done?
We manage a Discourse forum at https://disabilityforums.com.au/ and a corresponding website at https://directory.disabilityforums.com.au/. Our platform facilitates NDIS Providers in listing their businesses, enabling service seekers and NDIS participants to efficiently discover suitable services.

Now, we’re planning to introduce a new feature – a Service Request Tool integrated into our forum. The primary goal is to empower participants to make service requests seamlessly within the forum environment. The tool aims to enhance the process of connecting participants with service providers listed in our directory, utilizing the directory’s detailed information and ranking system.

The process involves participants filling out a form alongside their post, capturing essential details. The form will be seamlessly integrated into the forum interface, featuring options for service type, location, availability, and other relevant criteria. Our objective is to ensure an intuitive and user-friendly experience within the forum. Something similar to Disability Forums which I’ve created with Discourse wizard plugin. But it’s not sufficient for our needs.

Once the participant creates a post, an API request will be sent to a specific endpoint on our website. Leveraging our ranking system, appropriate providers will be selected. Selected providers will receive notifications right in the forum, indicating their eligibility to offer services. Only chosen providers will have permission to reply or post to the topic, managed through a custom API endpoint.
(We use Discourse SSO for sign-in to our website. So each provider has their account on Discourse)

Additionally, we plan to implement a review system. Participants who created the topic can share their experiences working with the provider they have chosen to work with, and the topic will be closed upon completion.

Feel free to share your thoughts or ask for further clarification! I’m open to ideas
When do you need it done?
Within 2 weeks. Sooner is better.
What is your budget, in $ USD that you can offer for this task?
I’m uncertain about the time and effort required for this project. Feel free to provide your quote, and we can discuss further details.

3 Likes

I’m interested. I’ll send a PM.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.