{{d-button}} or <DButton>? That is the question

Continuing the discussion from DButton no longer supports @action as a string. Please refactor to use an closure action instead:

This saved me!

My question now (besides how did it take me 9 months to do this) is whether/when to use {{d-button}} vs <DButton>

2 Likes

The modern ember pattern is to use ‘angle bracket’ syntax to invoke components. So <DButton> is preferred.

We lint for this in core, but haven’t yet extended it to themes/plugins.

5 Likes

Oh. Hooray. That’s what I thought!

It was especially confusing since the error message compained about <DButton> but I am using {{d-button}}. I’ll go about fixing those Real Soon Now.

Aha. Thanks for the explanation.

4 Likes

Wait. So we gave up @actionParam in <DButton> and do this to pass stuff:

@action={{fn this.addExtraVars this.extraVarsSmtp}}

but in <NavItem> we still stil have this to pass parameters to a route

@route="pfaffmanager.servers.show"
            @routeParam={{server.id}}
3 Likes

It’s a particular case here.

<NavItem> calls <LinkTo> that requires the name of the route to link to (route) and the value to fill the dynamic segment (model, an ID here) to be separate.

<LinkTo
    @route={{@route}}
    @model={{@routeParam}}
  >{{this.contents}}
</LinkTo>

Does that make sense?

4 Likes

It’s a fine explanation and I do understand it, but I wouldn’t say it makes sense. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It makes sense because there is no function/action involved here (and it’s not needed) in NavItem. You only want to pass parameters from component to component. You see what I mean? Sorry, I’m so bad at explaining things. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.