Daemonite Material Theme

Hello, first thanks for this nice theme. However, using it, it seems that some icons won’t show anymore :
Capture d’écran 2020-05-11 à 11.43.28

And there is also an issue with the calendar :

Thanks in advance for fixing :wink:

1 Like

Hi @Emilie,

Because we are converting default Font Awesome icons into Material Icons, sometimes we might have missed a few. Please feel free to report missing icons and we will look into them. Other times, the missing icon might have been resolved in the latest version, please feel free to upgrade the theme to the latest and see if the issue has been resolved.

Regarding calendar issue, we will look into that.

4 Likes

Hi @Emilie,

The theme has been updated.

• A few missing icons have now been converted to Material Icons,
  • Datetime picker modal has also been fixed.

Please feel free to post here if there are other issues.

6 Likes

Hi @sesemaya ,
Thanks for the fast update, it’s perfect ! :ok_hand:
Just one icon I saw is still missing : the ‘angle-double-down’
Thanks !

1 Like

Hi @Emilie,

I have updated a few angle related icons.

Because Material Icons do not have double arrow for all four directions, I have to use the double_arrow Icons - Material Design for all the angle-double-* icons, then rotate them for -down, -left, and -up.

Hope this helps.

3 Likes

Hi @sesemaya,
Yes, it works fine, thanks !

1 Like

Hey @sesemaya, I’ve found a few more missing icons on my site. It would be fantastic if these could be added to material theme as well. Big thanks in advance.

1 Like

Hi there! I just applied this theme to my site and love it, but I am running into one issue.

When I try to change a category logo, it won’t let me. I go to category settings -> images -> category logo image, but when I click either delete or change, it only expands the image instead of allowing me to change it.

I left a comment about this on the Discourse page, and after they looked into it, they traced it back to this theme. Here is a screenshot of the reply.

Thank you!

1 Like

Hi @MichelleBarnett,

I don’t know what causing the issue but alternatively you can change the theme to other and put your category images in then change it back to this. That should be working. I guess you won’t change the category images too often.

2 Likes

That’s what I ended up doing. Thank you!

2 Likes

Hi @discoverearth,

The following icons have been converted to similar Material Icons with the most recent updates:

• th-large
  • comments
  • comment-dots

Regarding globe-africa as well as globe-americas, globe-asia and globe-europe, these icons have all been converted to the same public from Material Icons. This might not be ideal, but there is little we can do as our choices are limited to Material Icons have to offer.

Regarding fab-patreon, in a previous commit, I have made sure that all the fab (i.e. brand icons) will not be converted as Material Icons do not support brand icons, so fab-patreon should display as is.

3 Likes

Hi @MichelleBarnett and @Don,

The issue stops users from changing the image should be fixed by the latest changes now.

5 Likes

I’m experiencing the issue myself. I don’t know if it has reappeared or something like that.

1 Like

If you click and hold your mouse on the reply button, then drag the cursor of the button, it turns gray until you stop holding your mouse. Is that intentional?

Oh, and I ran into a very similar issue.

The end result is this.

Beautiful theme. But alas, it is no longer possible to use

1 Like