button.create .d-icon {
    color: #000;
}

If it mess with other buttons, use this line instead

#topic-footer-buttons button.create .d-icon {
    color: #000;
}
2 Likes

Thank you very much. The first one has sovled one button problem.
Inside the thread I see now a black icon.

But on the main page “Categories” view I see still the grey “+” on the button:

This theme looks very nice and one of the best among all themes available for Discourse.
I saw it running on labs.daemon.com.au but the mobile experience is not that refined yet. Is that website using the theme with the latest updates?

1 Like

Your theme is absolutely beautiful and I’m currently using it. I also have the branded header theme component installed and I noticed that when I use your theme, my branded font awesome icons no longer appear. Whereas with my old theme, it will show those icons. It’s not displaying anything (not even the box) but is still clickable. Would you happen to know of some conflicting code that could be causing this to happen?

1 Like

I just ran into another issue and I don’t know if it’s my specific customization, but I cannot delete images. I can upload them, but once I do, the buttons lose all functionality and I cannot delete or add a new photo. What am I doing wrong? Thanks!

Hi there,

we just wanted to let you know that we are currently experiencing rendering woes like

on our installation at https://meta.ip-tools.org/. As far as we know, we did not make any changes to the system, so the problem appears out of the blue for us.

Most probably it is due to “The connection used to fetch this resources was not secure” errors when trying to load the glyphs from Google Fonts:

We just wanted to leave a note about the issue and will follow up with an attempt to mitigate it by upgrading to the most recent software releases of all components.

With kind regards,
Andreas.

Apologies, reporting the last one was totally our fault. After bootstrapping a new workstation, we activated a bogus firewall setting which denied access to googleapis.com - no wonder these requests would fail. Sorry for the noise!

Nevertheless, it was a good chance to update the theme and receive the numerous updates @sesemaya pushed since end of January (https://github.com/Daemonite/discourse-material-theme/compare/83a7de732a13ac9f8bde60aaefbee39269c601fd...89f9f1347fb5755fdbab83f8350ebabe9d532857). As far as we can see everything works fine, so thanks again for the awesome work you are putting into this, Maya!

1 Like

I have this strange situation where the edit option is not shown in the interface. It’s there, if you hover over it the name appears and you are able to use it if you hit the right spot.
I have this user that keeps accidentally removing posts this way, which is quite unfortunate.

This is viewing a post in Material Design for Discourse and below the same in graceful:

Dear @Not-The-Foggiest,

we have been able to work around this issue as outlined at https://github.com/Daemonite/discourse-material-theme/issues/17#issuecomment-481572889 the other day by adding this snippet at the appropriate place, effectively disabling the “alt-” variants of the icons to get them visible again:

// Fix MBT#17: Translate "-alt" icons to non-"-alt" ones to
// counter disappearing "edit"- and "delete"-post icons.
// https://github.com/Daemonite/discourse-material-theme/issues/17#issuecomment-479716834
classNames = classNames.replace('-alt', '');

It’s really just a quick workaround but might well help you along.

With kind regards,
Andreas.

4 Likes

desktop user cards

and

mobile user pages

have messed up CSS. 0px spacing between fields etc…

Also it would be cool to see avatars larger on mobile on user pages.

also are avatars supposed to be so small on desktop user cards??

Really want to fix these issues as this is now my default theme and it looks by far the best out of all themes, including ones I’ve made myself.

Most avatars are not rendering in the reply section of posts. Any ideas? I really like this theme. It also happens on your site too. See how Abdulmalik_Hamid’s avatar doesn’t render in the “2 replies” section of athmangud’s OP?

nah, last commit was in May. Avatars are broken on their site even and mobile is a mess. Otherwise a great theme.

I can’t see any broken avatars on the page you link to or other pages on the site. Can you send through a screenshot of the problem you are seeing?

PS. We’ve been a bit busy of late but we know the Theme is due for an update.

3 Likes

Missing avatars after you click an “x Replies” dropdown, like here on one of your pages.

Desktop version, latest chrome.
See red arrow. It’s much more noticeable on more active forums using your theme. But it’s present on the page below where that screenshot was taken from.

1 Like

also user-cards have 0px spacing issues on names of certain lengths (see screenshot below where message box clumps onto the name)
, here is an example on desktop, but it’s much more pronounced on mobile, like almost all fields on usercards on mobile have spacing issues. User pages have a lot of 0px spacing issues on mobile too.

I really don’t have a method to screenshot mobile right now, but I assume you’d be able to see it on your end as well.

1 Like

Right! Missed the expanding Replies X.

Duly noted. We’ve scheduled some work to revamp the theme in the next few weeks. Hopefully in time for Christmas :slight_smile:

6 Likes

any updates? just that one avatar fix would be amazing. My forum feels broke with that broken.

I’ll pay you $5 paypal to fix the avatars under the Replies dropdown if you weren’t planning on doing it anymore. It’s the only thing my forum needs fixing on. Revamped the theme myself for my forum but couldn’t figure that bit out.

another thing is that users can’t change user card images or user card backgrounds after their first upload

this is the other thing very broken on this theme

but only with this theme

we have a very active forum and I don’t know how to fix it

image uploads in the Profile section also generally take a long time, it pauses a while at 100%, whereas it doesn’t do that so much on other themes

thx