Are there plans to offer a metrics report related to this plugin, or could we get some help with Data Explorer queries?
Types of metrics that would be useful to have in multilingual sites using automatic translation (happy to discuss the details if anyone is interested):
- Languages of messages posted (thanks to language autodetect).
- Number of posts by language.
- Languages to which posts have been automatically translated.
- Number of translation queries.
- Languages set in user profiles.
- Number of users changing the default language in their profiles.
These types of metrics would help communities understand how is multilingualism trending in their forum in general and by language, well beyond casual observation. I believe sharing this data would also motivate higher engagement among speakers of the “non-default” languages (English or whatever).