Deleting Users on WP Deletes Them on Discourse?

I couldn’t find anything on how this works exactly. We have SSO setup. What I’m wondering is, if I delete someone in WP and they have an account on Discourse because they’ve logged in or posted, will they also be deleted on Discourse? For the other way around I would assume that removing someone from Discourse who has a WP account will not be removed from WP.

1 Like

Considering that Discourse won’t even let you delete users manually (if they have posts past a certain limit), even when you are ADMIN, I would suspect that the users stay in Discourse.

1 Like

Deleting a WordPress user will not delete the associated Discourse user. You have to deal with the user manually on Discourse. I think the plugin could show a notice before a WordPress user who has a Discourse user_id is deleted.

Removing a user from Discourse won’t have any effect on the associated WordPress user.

3 Likes

You can’t delete a user who has posts, and if the user is deleted in WordPress, they won’t be able to log in to Discourse, so it doesn’t really matter. Unless, you subsequently turn off SSO and have people activate accounts on Discourse.

3 Likes