Discobot not greeting new patreon users?

No worries. I will check few other sites and let you know.

3 Likes

https://github.com/discourse/discourse-patreon/commit/63fb6bfbfd1b7f5b35db236481945b56493e413c

This should fix the issue. Let me know if the problem persist.

4 Likes

Awesome! Thank you! When Discourse prompts me to update, I’ll test it out! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Did it fix your issue?

Unfortunately, it does not look like it. I updated my site shortly after that last message, and a new Patron has joined and didn’t get the Greetings! message.

I’m 90% sure that Patron joined after I updated my install, but I’m not 100% sure at this point. He joined 10 days ago, and I updated on the same day as the last Discourse update emails went out, but I didn’t mark that day on my calendar. So, I think I updated more than 10 days ago, but since I didn’t mark that day, and since only one patron has joined since then, I didn’t want to jump to any conclusions.

I wanted to wait until a few more patrons joined before I was sure. Perhaps a few more will join in the coming weeks. I’ll look again in a month.

Thank you for checking in. :slight_smile:

Maybe I should check this again. It worked for me in local. But I didn’t test it in production. I will do it now in other active sites.

4 Likes

How did your research go on this?

I’ve had a few new users, and as far as I can tell, it still doesn’t seem to be working for my Patrons.

1 Like

Currently, I am working on other customer-related tasks. Anyway, it is still on my list. And I will try to check this week itself.

4 Likes

@alexwoolfson I pushed a few commits last week to fix this issue. It’s working and the new Patrons are now getting the “Greetings” PM.

3 Likes

Thank you, @vinothkannans. That’s good news. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.