Discourse Chain Topics Plugin

I have just released a discourse plugin for chaining topics

When I was going over Beginner's Guide to Creating Discourse Plugins Part 1: Creating a basic plugin the guide is splitted into 7 parts.

I thought why not creating a plugin for this use case; where you have topics in a chain.

By using this plugin you could add “Next Topic” and “Previous Topic” links on the topic title.

See screenshot below for example how it would look:

For more details and install: GitHub - zaatdev/discourse-chain-topics: This a discourse plugin which adds a feature where it would be possible to chain topics. A topic can have other topic to be it's next or previous topic.

Special thanks to @angus for How to add custom fields to models the guide/example enormously simplized the way I wrote the plugin.

16 Likes

Absolutely LOVE this – a very important feature for Story forums as well as Documentation forums!

I’m getting a 500 error when I click the Save Edit button. The field in the composer doesn’t seem to keep what I enter into it…

Paginate Pagination Prev Next Previous Next In Sequence Sequential Forward Back (adding some key words here to make this Topic easier to find for folks!)

Here’s a method I’m using …

Hey @denvergeeks, yes the plugins probably need some refactoring. I haven’t given it much attention recently, I will try devote sometime soon.

2 Likes

That would be awesome :slight_smile:

I am trying to reproduce, but couldn’t for the same exact error you report.

• What is your version of discourse (I tried from the master branch)
  • Do you have spesfic plugins, settings that are not typical
  • Did you get that error always, no matter the type of topics…etc
1 Like

Hello @ghassan – I still get the same 500 error when saving the Topic post!

• What is your version of discourse (I tried from the master branch)

I’m all up to date!

• Do you have specific plugins, settings that are not typical

I tried removing all other plugins but the same…

• Did you get that error always, no matter the type of topics…etc

Yes always – all types of Topics result in the same 500 error!

This plugin would be so useful, I really do hope you can fix it!!!

1 Like