Discourse Chatbot šŸ¤–

Thank you very much for your help and update @merefield

1 Like

That said there is a bug with this release. I will fix and update here. Do not update for now.

thatā€™s fixed: FIX: do not exlude single user prompts in submission by merefield Ā· Pull Request #120 Ā· merefield/discourse-chatbot Ā· GitHub

thanks for your patience.

3 Likes

I updated the plugin. There is no problem with the chatbot responding. But now the chatbot is giving an error saying that it cannot see the content of the image. I wanted to give you feedback. My vision setting: directly

1 Like

Thanks for the report. Iā€™ll take a look

1 Like

That should be fixed now as of:

But I noticed something interesting in my testing.

In Discourse, thereā€™s a slight delay in images being fully reflected in a Postā€™s data so if the bot replies too quickly it can miss seeing that thereā€™s an image.

The solution is to up this value:

chatbot reply job time delay - Iā€™ve tested it at 0 and 2 - and 0 is often too fast, so slow things down a bit.

If you are always refering to an image in a prior Post you should not have a problem, itā€™s only if you are Posting an image and then referring to it in the same post, e.g. ā€œdescribe this imageā€

1 Like

This setting was set to 1, now I made it 2. I will update and try. Thanks for the fix.

1 Like

Iā€™ve made the default 2 and the max 5 now, just in case some Discourse forums need more time to process images.

1 Like

I updated the plugin and tried 4 images for testing, but it did not give any errors. Thank you for the quick fix.

1 Like

To clarify what I mean, hereā€™s an example:

I donā€™t want to share the mess when reply delay is 0 :smiley:

2 Likes

Hi! Are there any plans to add support for o1? it was released to tier 4 customers today. At least one thing o1 complains about is the:

Chatbot: There was a problem with Chat Completion: status: 400, message: Unsupported value: ā€˜messages[0].roleā€™ does not support ā€˜systemā€™ with this model.

1 Like

This is model is a pain :sweat_smile:

https://platform.openai.com/docs/guides/reasoning/beta-limitations

are you sure youā€™d find it useful with no tools, no bespoke character (as no system prompt) and such a high $$$ value?

1 Like

o1-preview and o1-mini support added.

You must select basic bot type (as tools are not supported by Open AI yet!).

e.g.

NB at time of writing you must have Tier 4 to access these beta models. Watch your email for when it becomes available to you.

2 Likes

thank you very much!

oh, absolutely. a lot of our use cases is for helping with scientific questions & problems and o1 is miles ahead of 4o. In fact, we never switched from 4 to 4o despite the latter being cheaper because it was visibly worse at science.

1 Like

@hiddenseal (and anyone who likes science stuff)

Found a workaround for using Maths equations with o1 without needing a system prompt:

• Use the Maths Plugin
  • Tell Chatbot how to format equations and formulae

e.g.:

if x to the power of 5 minus 1 is zero, what is x?

Use the following formatting for the answer:

$$
equations and formulae
$$

Normally youā€™d put that formatting stuff in the system prompt of course (if your site was a regular user of bots for maths). But o1 doesnā€™t yet have that facility (yet?) so you need to be explicit at point of request. Seems to work though :rocket:

2 Likes

After the last update I am getting the following error. I wanted to inform you.

Chatbot: There was a problem with Chat Completion: status: 400, message: Unrecognized request argument supplied: max_completion_tokens

Again, you must keep up with the latest API version

https://platform.openai.com/docs/api-reference/chat/create#chat-create-max_tokens

max_tokens is deprecated and itā€™s being replaced it with max_completion_tokens

NB o1-mini wonā€™t work with max_tokens at all.

Make sure you are on the latest Azure API.

If you are not able to do that, create a branch on your fork that corresponds to the commit prior to the change and git clone that fork and branch in app.yml.

1 Like