Discourse email messages are incorrectly threaded

I am using this one as an example now. So far nothing has jumped out at me from stepping through the code. No one got an email for the OP of that topic according to our EmailLog table but it’s not clear why, since if I run through the same steps as discourse/notify_mailing_list_subscribers.rb at 23ac0cf8f1f5d7aede3991c6947530dc1af7f7a2 · discourse/discourse · GitHub and stop short of sending the emails, it looks like the correct thing will happen. There are no records for the OP in SkippedEmailLog either. I suppose it’s possible that the job failed and then failed on every subsequent retry, but I doubt that.

I’ve just tweaked some things on our hosting for python to allow me to see more detailed logging information for these jobs. Please keep an eye out and let me know if you notice this happening again within the next couple of weeks, hopefully I will be able to hunt down the issue.

1 Like

[quote=“Cameron Simpson, post:102, topic:233499,
username:cameron-simpson”]
And another example where I received the second post and not the OP.
[/quote]

I am using this one as an example now. So far nothing has jumped out at me from stepping through the code. No one got an email for the OP of that topic according to our EmailLog table but it’s not clear why, since if I run through the same steps as discourse/notify_mailing_list_subscribers.rb at 23ac0cf8f1f5d7aede3991c6947530dc1af7f7a2 · discourse/discourse · GitHub and stop short of sending the emails, it looks like the correct thing will happen. There are no records for the OP in SkippedEmailLog either. I suppose it’s possible that the job failed and then failed on every subsequent retry, but I doubt that.

Right. I can’t see anything wrong with that code either, unless there
are weird issues with the NOT EXISTS stuff. But it looks ok to my
naive eye.

I’ve just tweaked some things on our hosting for python to allow me to see more detailed logging information for these jobs. Please keep an eye out and let me know if you notice this happening again within the next couple of weeks, hopefully I will be able to hunt down the issue.

Thank you. I’ll keep you posted as I see new items.

Cheers,
Cameron Simpson cs@cskk.id.au

1 Like