Discourse Getting Started Resource- can we copy and post in our community?

Hello Discourse Team-

We are working on some of our resources. One is Discourse New User Guide. We would like to copy it and post it on our site instead of sending people to your website as its a little confusing- is that okay? If we copy the whole thing exactly and at the top add :

Katalon Community is hosted on the Discourse Platform. Here are some useful Tips for new users courtesy of the Discourse Team.

[ Your Content ]

If you would like to learn more about the Discourse Platform [link to: What is Discourse? | Discourse - Civilized Discussion] please visit their site.

Thanks, Sara

2 Likes

The end of the topic says

3 Likes

So yes, it’s technically possible.
But (how) is it allowed from a legal point of view? I don’t see anything in the ToS that allows or forbids redistributing content from this forum.

1 Like

See Can I use content from Discourse’s blog on my site?. You must still abide by the Creative Commons license that governs this content. The link to that is in the topic I linked to above.

2 Likes

Hmm that’s the blog, not meta. The blog indeed has “Content is by-nc-sa” in the footer.
I cannot find anything that applies to meta.

1 Like

Because it was mentioned here What is essential content for a new community? to copy the topic, I thought it was allowed.

2 Likes

It is allowed. :+1: I think @RGJ is suggesting something more formal could be put in place for some of the resources to remove some of the ambiguity (if I understand correctly :slightly_smiling_face:)

3 Likes

Exactly, many forum owners have to deal with an internal legal department that would frown upon this, if the forum admins cannot prove that this is explicitly allowed.

4 Likes