Discourse Gifs component

Thanks @Falco , is it possible to hide the gif button while previewing the message?

Thanks

1 Like

I’m not that familiar with theme components, is it possible to enable this on only one category?

We have a random / off topic / fun category where this would be a brilliant addition, but if I add it to all categories then all hell will let loose :rofl:

3 Likes

You could try with css but since the composer stays open when we navigate on the forum, I’m not sure it would work 100%

It would be something like this

:not(.category-your_category_id) .d-icon-discourse-gifs-gif-icon {
    display: none
}
4 Likes

Good idea. Added it in last version, please update!

7 Likes

activated and here do not display for mobile, only for desktop

forum.meuxbox.com.br

2 Likes

You need to update Discourse to latest as the support for the button in the footer was just added today.

4 Likes

Hi @Falco with some devices (iPad and tablet) the gif button is hidden, check also here on meta.

2 Likes

We have updated Discourse to the latest version, the button for GIFs is now missing both on desktop and mobile.

Same JS error here on meta BTW. Chrome desktop.

2 Likes

Yes @Terrapop but in my case all plugins are gone after update, not just this one :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Yes, in addition we see strange Javascript problems after the update with variables declared in our JS code like:

xxx = 39392;

instead of

var xxx = 39392;

The former (non-strict declaration) is throwing “undefined variable” errors after the update to the latest Discourse version. We had to change all those instances in our code, to get our scripts working again.

Have there been any changes made to how JS in components is processed in Discourse?

@codinghorror

1 Like

Hello

After reboot the plugin seems to be broken. Can’t see GIF button anymore.
I have the message into the log :
Error: Could not find module discourse/helpers/gif-modal imported from discourse/theme-5/initializers/gif-integration
Url: https://www.cmstrategies.fr/assets/ember_jquery-36a23101c869ab0dc53fc908de69adb785731593573d32bdeef416acc1076ef4.js

2 Likes

Maybe it’s related to this: Some theme components do not work after upgrading Discourse

2 Likes

@Terrapop same here

Some one have already fix it ?

2 Likes

Please follow Some theme components do not work after upgrading Discourse, it’s an issue with several theme components (not just Gifs). We are working on a fix.

6 Likes