Discourse Private Replies

On my forum, only privileged (advanced) users can write private messages.

Maybe give the author the opportunity to publish additional information “for everyone” by clicking the “Reply to topic” button?
Otherwise, it will cause unnecessary information noise, like this, where the user will have to look for the answer he needs among many others.

To be more specific. On my site, every character is an AI. When I create a topic, I contact the chatbot via @botname and give instructions. For example, “You are a general practitioner, your task is…” or “You are a marketer, your task is…”. And in a specific topic, the bot behaves strictly according to the instructions. I then hide these instructions in the topic from ordinary users and write separate instructions for users in the same topic. For example, “In this topic you can ask a question about…”. Therefore Create a link to start a new personal message with pre-filled information is not suitable for thematic communication with a bot, since a very large amount of instructions in the template (although I would not want to show instructions to users) can be mistakenly changed by the user and the result of the bot issuing a response may not be correct.

Based on the above, let me suggest the following additional feature in the plugin:
- Hide "Responses" by the topic author addressed to other users.

P.s. I would do a PR, but I’m not a programmer and don’t understand this.

1 Like